Friday, March 11, 2011

Making Money Online With

On Monday evening, I watched my very first, The Very last Phrase host Lawrence O’Donnell.
Whereas O’Donnell laudably experimented with to concentrate the audience’s consideration onand hopefully last, Charlie Sheen trainwreck interview, courtesy of the tragic undertow that threatens to pull Sheen underneath for very good, I was overtaken, not from the pulling around the thread, as well as voracious audience he serves. It did not make me unhappy, it designed me angry.

Relating to celebrities, we could be considered a heartless nation, basking within their misfortunes like nude sunbathers at Schadenfreude Beach. The impulse is understandable, to some diploma. It may be grating to pay attention to complaints from many people who get pleasure from privileges that many of us can’t even envision. Once you can not muster up some compassion for Charlie Sheen, who helps make further cash for any day’s give good results than the majority of us will make in a very decade’s time, I guess I cannot blame you.



With all the quick tempo of occasions on the internet as well as the specifics revolution sparked by the Net, it’s particularly easy for the solutions sector to suppose it is exceptional: continually breaking new ground and executing details that no one has at any time carried out earlier than.

But you will discover other kinds of organization which have previously undergone many of the same exact radical shifts, and have just as wonderful a stake during the long run.

Take healthcare, as an example.

We normally suppose of it like a large, lumbering beast, but in reality, medication has undergone a series of revolutions during the past 200 many years that happen to be at least equal to these we see in technological innovation and information and facts.

Much less understandable, but still within the norms of human nature, may be the impulse to rubberneck, to slow down and look into the carnage of Charlie spectacle of Sheen’s unraveling, but from the blithe interviewer Sheen’s lifestyle as we pass it with the suitable lane of our daily lives. To become sincere, it might be tough for men and women to discern the distinction among a run-of-the-mill interest whore, and an honest-to-goodness, circling the drain tragedy-to-be. On its individual merits, a quote like “I Am On the Drug. It’s Known as Charlie Sheen” is sheer genius, and we cannot all be expected to take the total measure of someone’s lifestyle every time we hear one thing amusing.

Quick ahead to 2011 and I'm wanting to look into means of staying a little more business-like about my hobbies (largely audio). From the end of January I had manned up and began to advertise my blogs. I had developed quite a few different weblogs, which have been contributed to by good friends and colleagues. I promoted these actions through Facebook and Twitter.


Second: the little abomination that the Gang of Five on the Supream Court gave us a 12 months or so ago (Citizens Inebriated) genuinely includes slightly bouncing betty of its own that can highly nicely go off within the faces of Govs Wanker, Sacitch, Krysty, and J.O. Daniels. Considering this ruling extended the notion of “personhood” to the two companies and unions, to attempt to deny them any perfect to operate inside of the legal framework that they had been organized underneath deprives these “persons” from the freedoms of speech, association and motion. Which implies (once again, quoting law college trained spouse and children) that both the courts ought to uphold these rights for that unions (as individual “persons” as assured from the Federal (and most state) constitutions, or they've to declare that these attempts at stripping or limiting union rights really have to apply to serious businesses, also.







Some context:

I am basically a one-man design team for a bimonthly magazine.

As a startup, I was never really making much money here. About $48k.

In fact, marketwise, I was barely getting paid what a single designer should make even tho I am doing the job of at least two people.

I havent received a raise since fall 2007, even for cost of living.

In the time since then, my work (and remember that there is only one designer here) has won us about 6 industry awards.

In fact, in 2010 we won 3 awards and they were all design awards.

The reason I bring all this up is because one would hope that a performance record like that would merit a certain amount of base respect. However since this is the first business my boss has owned, I feel like they are simply spoiled into thinking that this work is just a given. Maybe they just dont know any better.



So now, with the industry souring and ad sales dropping a bit, I have taken a significant pay cut and am now doing all of the advert design that they once jobbed out to freelancers. Ad to that our rush to launch an iPad version and I am now doing far more work for even less money.

I wasnt offered flex time. I wasnt offered furlough days. In fact, for a salaried employee that ends up working heavy deadlines once every two months, my bosses still treat me like an employee that needs to saty til the very end of his "shift" regardless of whether I have work to do at the time.



Another issue (more context) is that they seem to think they have some kind of exclusivity with me. At first they asked that I let them know if I was doing any freelance work, as a "courtesy". But the very first time I mentioned that I was doing a poster on my own time on a dead weekend for a friends band for FREE, my boss acted very butthurt. AS if he should wield a veto power over my work on my own time. This has had the effect of me simply hiding the freelance I do from them. I really dont feel its their business.



So annnnnnnyway. Ive had enough and I am building my portfolio site to hopefully begin shopping myself around. I know the economy sucks, but Im not planning to leave until I get a better offer.



Knowing all that you know about the attitude of my boss presented above, should I worry about them trying to prevent me from using the work Ive created here the last 5 years in my portfolio? CAN they prevent me? Should I be worried?



BONUS: am I being treated unfairly? Ive been in this industry for 15 years and Im giving up hope that Ill ever not work for knobs. Does it suck everywhere?

Source: http://removeripoffreports.net/ corporate Reputation Management

Fix your company's bad reputation today!

No comments:

Post a Comment